All our willow branches are always freshly finished. They come from our own orchard with willows, quality and taste guaranteed!
The branches are 25 - 40 cm long and always vary in diameter.
Why give willow branches? Willow branches are not only a delicacy for your sweetheart, they are also very healthy! They ensure good wear and tear of the teeth. Could possibly have an a pain relieving effect (if you give them several days in a row).
In addition, willow branches are also a good distraction and enrichment for your darling.
How do I best keep the willow branches?
- As soon as your order has arrived or is available at the collection point, we would like to ask you to remove the branches from their packaging as soon as possible. At the moment the branches have many fresh leaves in order to guarantee the quality and freshness they should be unpacked as soon as possible after arrival.
- Winter months: In a cool, dry place, you can keep the branches for up to about a month. After a month, the branches are still good but your darling may not eat them as quickly.
- Summer months: We recommend keeping the branches in a cool, dry place. In the summer months, the branches with leaves stay good for 2 weeks (this depends on the environmental factors in which they are stored). Keep in mind that the leaves can dry out faster, although the dried leaves can certainly still be given. The branches themselves will stay good for about a month, after a month it is possible that your darling won't eat so fast anymore. Are there any fluff on the branches? This can't hurt, it's the seed/flowering of the trees. Shake well and the fluff will be gone.
- Because it has been a mild winter, there are more insects than usual on the trees. It can be that when you arrive at your willow branches you see a little insect crawling here and there. We do our very best to remove as much as possible. Although we like to keep it pure nature!
Willow branches can be eaten by rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas*, hamsters, gerbils, degus, mice, rats, horses,...
* With chinchillas, opinions differ about whether or not to give fresh willow branches. Many owners let their branches dry. With fresh branches they could get stomach problems.
Custom-made willow branches are also available. Please send an email to [email protected].